View My Stats

Friday, May 17, 2013

I Wanted to Share This

Just a poem I wrote last night, about the experience and the process and the wonder that goes into getting to know a new friend.




To you, I am
An open, unread book
Whose pages you leaf through
In quiet moments
Noticing plot lines,
And committing certain passages to memory

To me, you are
And earnest, avid reader
And I worry
About what you may think
And what you may learn
And what you finally decide

Together
We are two parts of the same story
An ongoing time-line
Of a work in progress,
As yet untitled.

1 comment:

  1. That's exactly what it's like, especially, I think, in this on-line world. We scroll through each others blogs, facebook pages, twitter, etc. There's no malice of course, just this insatiable need to connect. Nice writing!

    ReplyDelete