View My Stats

Thursday, September 23, 2010

I'll Get There, I Know the Way


And I give big props to anyone who can tell me from what song I get the Title of this entry. I can think of one person who might know. :)

If I still drank, I'd probably be indulging in some liquid courage before I wrote this, but you know what? I'm really fine w/o it.


To all my friends who read here- I need your support, as I am currently under seige from another blogger, who seems convinced that I have slandered her in some way.
Truth is she slandered me. She is for some reason, unknown to me, because she seems like an intelligent person, rabidly against anyone who seems to possess any kind of religious faith. When I asked her about this, in a tweet, earlier this year, she responded to me, this way-
@awcbsdame how about you fuck off, you weirdo stalker freak? Get a hobby.

Yeah, some of you may think this is just mean. But it casts aspersions on MY character, and last I checked, stalking was a criminal activity. Add it up. It's slanderous towards me. It's not like I said to her, 'Hey--(insert explitive of choice) what is your fucking problem with people who believe? "
My faith is important to me. If this individual is a proud atheist/agnostic, more power to her.
But I think there is a limit to making fun of people who are different than you. You want to debate the existence of God, I'm more than open to that. I respect differing beliefs if it's done in a respectful way.
I'm tired of this. In my RL, I have to deal with scraping by on an SSI check, accepting the fact that half my family refuses to speak to me for something I've apologized a million times for, my own semi-stalker ex, and my recurrent major depression.
Let's just ignore each other from now on.
Am I a coward for not mentioning this person's name? Not at all. She lurks on this blog, she knows who she is. I wouldn't give her any more publicity. I've even considered shutting down my blog because of this, but you know what? It's NOT WORTH IT.

To my friends, any encouraging words, prayers, large sums of money :P are always appreciated.
Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment