View My Stats

Friday, November 2, 2012

A Brief, Personal Update


Sorry I haven't been blogging, or even writing these days. I've not really been in a mood to write, even as Nanowrimo is again upon us once again.  My heart isn't in it, and that's probably because...
I've been back in rehab for the past two weeks, and just found out I'm there for at least another ten days.  I'm not sure how I feel about this.  Sure, the groups help, the individual therapy helps, there are days when I actually feel like I've Learned Something, whatever that may be, but let's be frank.  I won't be in Rehab forever, I won't have all the constant supports around me in my life for more than the next week, at most, and I wonder most days, how I'll get through.
I'm also on a new med, Delpin--(which, after getting the RX filled and staring at the bottle for a week, I am finally taking).  It's too soon to tell, of course, if it works.  It's not very comforting to know that not many of the doctors or therapists I've spoken to, have heard of it.  As always, we'll see.
I suppose the bottom line is, I'm still here.  I've lived with my depression for thirty years now, and if I'm truly honest, not all of it has been horrible.   It's just with Winter approaching and everything else....well, I think you know.   Then again, maybe I'm stronger than I think I am.  Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment